Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vape least waste byproduct but still simple system

Options
  • 11-06-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi everyone

so I'm thinking of making the switch from cigarettes to vape. To be perfectly . honest, seeing Sophie Turner with her Juul everywhere got me thinking about making the switch first, and then seeing that circle k carries them now - they seem like a very convenient choice, but super expensive, aren't they?

But I'm trying to get informed and what I don't understand is where do you dispose of things like pods. Even re-fillable systems, like the mi-pod state that each pod can be filled only 3-5 times. Where do you put it then? The Juul website states the pods are hazardous waste, but even at a tip, where do you put them? With the light bulbs? With the batteries? There isn't a container specifically for vaping by-products and pods.

I'm looking for a simple system that doesn't cause too much waste by-product.
    I'm not sure yet what to get, I'm just wondering how people deal with the waste issue.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

I throw the empty eliquid bottles in the general waste.
    I don't use pods so can't help there however I keep used coils. I throw them into a box for small electrical components in my recycling center. I hope the recycling center then disposes if them in the correct manner.
    Hi everyone

so I'm thinking of making the switch from cigarettes to vape. To be perfectly . honest, seeing Sophie Turner with her Juul everywhere got me thinking about making the switch first, and then seeing that circle k carries them now - they seem like a very convenient choice, but super expensive, aren't they?

But I'm trying to get informed and what I don't understand is where do you dispose of things like pods. Even re-fillable systems, like the mi-pod state that each pod can be filled only 3-5 times. Where do you put it then? The Juul website states the pods are hazardous waste, but even at a tip, where do you put them? With the light bulbs? With the batteries? There isn't a container specifically for vaping by-products and pods.

I'm looking for a simple system that doesn't cause too much waste by-product.
    I'm not sure yet what to get, I'm just wondering how people deal with the waste issue.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

The short answer, if we want to keep waste to a minimum, is stay away from pod systems . The amount of waste they create is criminal .

Go for a starter kit from someone like Innokin , the T18s I think is still recommended although I haven't really been keeping up lately . Either that or a Kroma kit with Zlide tank . With these you are recharging the battery and refilling the tank with just the coil needing to be replaced .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

Thanks for your suggestions and experience.
    It's very confusing for a newbie.

It's very confusing for a newbie.

I can imagine, as it was for all of us when we started . Ask any question you want no matter how simple you think it is, we all started somewhere .

Best advice :

1. find someone you know with an e-cig and try theirs and find out about them from that person .

2. Go to a proper e-cig shop and ask there ( give your location here and someone will guide you to the nearest shop ) .

3. Ask here and someone will guide you as best they can .

For a lot of us here we have been vaping a good while and will have forgotten the basic questions.........but not the answers .

Looking again at the Innoking website maybe the Z-biib kit might be a better bet as a starter kit .

A good video on it here which should explain it .https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/z-biip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭GermanicGalore

Funnily enough I was just googling for a vape shop near my work (Dublin, St Stephen's Green area). And by browsing one of the shop's websites and found the innokin jem kit. Looks cute (sorry for sounding shallow...but looks do matter when trying to motivate to come off the cigs).
    The z-biip is very nice looking indeed. Kinda futuristic. Watching reviews....
    Thanks for all the help!!

Funnily enough I was just googling for a vape shop near my work (Dublin, St Stephen's Green area). And by browsing one of the shop's websites and found the innokin jem kit. Looks cute (sorry for sounding shallow...but looks do matter when trying to motivate to come off the cigs).
    The z-biip is very nice looking indeed. Kinda futuristic. Watching reviews....
    Thanks for all the help!!

The Z-BiiP was developed in conjunction with two well known Vape reviewers, one of them, P.Busardo, goes into great detail in his tutorial .

Advertisement