Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Payment Problem

Options
  • 10-06-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, wondering if someone with better knowledge can help me out here.
    My mother was recently made redundant from her post as a special needs assistant in a primary school, where she worked for 11years, the last 2 of which were part time. She accepted redundancy then she was told that her payment for her 11 years there will be based off the part time hours contract for her last 2 years, reason being because she never wrote a letter to the schools principle stating that she was 'unhappy' with the part time role, surely there is something wrong here? She has missed out on a lot of hard earned money! Any way something can be done about this?
    Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Martin, I have moved your query to the Work & Jobs forums which is more suitable, hopefully someone can give you some good advice here.

Welcome to Boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭3DataModem

"she never wrote a letter to the schools principle stating that she was 'unhappy' with the part time role" ... these are the rules, unfortunately.

She is well advised to argue that she accepted the part time hours under protest, and that the presence or absence of a letter to the principal is irrelevant.

Get a good employment solicitor, pay the few hundred quid it will cost, and leave it to them.

Advertisement