Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval while on probation

Options
  • 10-06-2019 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, myself and my partner had gone into AIB about a month ago and got mortgage approval in principle for 4.5 times our combined salaries. We are living in Cork but now want to buy in Dublin so my partner is looking for work in Dublin and I plan to keep my job in Cork and commute to Dublin at the weekends. We are first time buyers and are looking at new builds only as we are approved for the HTB scheme.

We're hoping to put a deposit down on a house by October time but my partner may still be on probation at that time. They have been working in the same industry for the past 5 years so have a good employment record. Will my partner being on probation stop us from getting a loan of offer so we can put a deposit down given that they will be past probation by the time we actually have to draw down (early next year)? What are the chances of us getting the 4.5 times again?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Working a probationary period would mean that the job could be pulled at any time.

Can't see a mortgage lender fancying that kind of additional risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

I am a mortgage broker and Yes you can be approved no problem and your loan offer issued however you cannot drawdown the funds until you have a letter from the employer confirming that the probation period is ended and she is permanent.

Advertisement