Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot iON/Citroen C-Zero

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I could never see how they sold any.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The i-MiEV is still for sale in Japan with just a 16 kWh battery, for around €24k. Leaf starts at about €26,400.

Changes were made to the bumpers in 2018 for pedestrian safety, which made it slightly longer and put the car over the limits for kei car classification (3.4 m) - so this means that tax, tolls, etc. are much higher and it now has no advantage in that respect over the Leaf and similar EVs in Japan. I don't get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I could never see how they sold any.

Small little car, perfect for zooming around cities in Europe, range of probably circa 80km, for a city run around it would be perfect

Companies are still trying to come up with idea for a cheap city electric car, mass production of cars like this would be perfect for most cities, including Dublin....

Maybe another 20km range

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭derekreilly

I bought the cheapest EV in Ireland and the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

That should be interesting. And fun. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

1650GBP, not far off my 2500Eur leaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,275 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭VikingG

You could become the EV equivalent of Mat Armstrong…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

I didn't watch the video, but I've been on that journey for about 5 years now. Brilliant little car. Always find a parking spot even in the busiest car parks. It squeezes into the leftover spots between two large SUVs that no other car can fit into. Feels like driving a go kart, always get a wave whenever you see another one on the road (which is rare) and you can fit a washing machine in the back if you fold down the seats.

Takes a bike rack and you can see the wheels on both sides of the car when a bike is on it.

Cheapest car in terms of servicing, two front tyres in 5 years. Nothing else.

If the limited range covers your daily errands, and 4 seats is enough then you can't go wrong. It does 50 to 60 km in winter with the heat on. And about 85 in summer.

I wish, I need to work on my storytelling and editing skills but thanks for the comment

Great to hear from another owner! Where are you based?
    I fear my battery is a little worse for wear with 166k on the clock but I'm looking at replacing the cells or full pack. Otherwise the car is great

Im in kilcoole, and drive it up to work in dun laoghaire. Return trip in winter uses a good chunk of the battery, and in summer about 1/2 to 2/3 depending on the weight of the shoe. Wife loves it for running around with the kids, takes it over the leaf unless it's really cold out cause the heater takes ages to get hot air into the car. I bought a 12 v blow heater to help in the depths of winter and a heated seat pad also.

No idea what the battery is at but there's only 60k km (I think) on mine. Fully charged the guessometer gives between 85 and 95 km.

I Bought mine in the UK, private sale, without seeing it. I got it trailered all the way to Ashford in wicklow by a really nice man who does car transport to / from UK all the time. Pre Brexit, so a lot less messing back then. It was the last car I brought in having brought in five leafs before it, I collected all of those though. I didn't fancy the drive in the c-zero with it's even more limited range than the leafs.

Quirky things that nearly had me crying - can't take the key out of the ignition unless it's in park. Had me scratching my head when I picked it up first. Chassis number is in the boot behind a plastic cover - nearly couldn't get the vrt sorted cause I didn't know where it was. A panicked Google search in the NCT centre found the info though, after a good bit of searching. Tiny front tires are cheaper than some bicycle tires that I have - that was a nice discovery.

Well wear with yours, the red is way nicer than my poxy white!

Also - occasionally won't turn on properly to allow you to drive. All the lights on the dash come on but there's no green car symbol. If that happens turn on ignition, and move gear selector out of p and back in again with a good thunk, and then restart ignition and you'll be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,635 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

These so rarely come up for sale. I'd love one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,710 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Advertisement