Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is going from a Backend Engineer to a Frontend Engineer a bad career move?

Options
  • 08-06-2019 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I'm currently looking for a new job, having been laid off recently. My role previously as a PHP developer. I have around ~1 experience in this. Recently, I applied for a job at a company I love. The role was a senior PHP developer. I surprisingly got an interview, and it went really well.

Today I got a callback from the company, and they said the interview was positive, the interviewers were impressed with me, and they might have something for me. However he stated that they need a Senior PHP developer, so the role in question they were offering is a Front End Engineer.

This is great. I've been really working on my frontend skills, and I want to become a full stack javascript developer. This position would really help me a lot, and it seems very interesting. I'm learning Node at the moment, so I'm excited by this prospect. However, I'm not 100% if this is a good career move If I want to be full stack. Will having 1 position with emphasis on the Backend End, and another with emphasis on the frontend reflect well on me.

Bear in mind I only have 10 months experience.

Thanks, guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Considering your level of experience there's no such thing as a bad move imo. Its simply a case of gaining more experience - thats all

Advertisement