Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any hairdressers here? Hair thinned out too much

Options
  • 08-06-2019 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey ladies, I am super stressed right now. I normally have long very thick hair and went to have a trim this evening and asked her to thin my hair using thinning scissors, but she thinned it too much. It’s too thin now I hate it and want my hair thick again. Didn’t realise it would end up like this. Looks awful.
    I am so stressed about it. Is there anything I can do to get it back to more fuller volume? Will it get thicker again after few washes? Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Sorry to hear this. This happened to me too years ago :(

I think after a wash it might look a bit thicker as hairdressers also tend to blow dry hair poker straight. I know it's a cliche but it will grow back especially if your hair is naturally thick. I'd advise eating protein rich food and moisturising masks to help the condition when it grows back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,481 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It won't get thicker after just a few washes. Your hair grows from the roots, not the ends. Your best bet now is to start a regime of super-dooper care to minimise breakage as much as possible as that will only thin your hair further.

So basically as much TLC as you can manage and then in about two months go (to possibly a different hairdresser) for another trim, but a blunt one this time to maximise the volume at the ends. Rinse and repeat til you're happy with your hair again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SBM111

Thanks to you both. My hair grows really fast approx an inch every 6 weeks. Do you think it will be back to normal thickness by Xmas?

Advertisement