Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smokey vehicle

Options
  • 06-06-2019 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi

I briefly followed a lorry today that was pumping out black smoke from underneath.

I don't know who owns the truck, traffic got in the way before I could see its side.

Is there some way of reporting this or dealing with it? The vehicle was a '97 reg., (I got the whole reg.) and it really should be sorted or taken off the road.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Might be better asking in the Motors section in regards to reporting a smokey vehicle, in my expierence however the Traffic Corp/Road Policing are very quick to pull over any vehicle that doesn't seem to be road worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Clareman wrote: »
    Might be better asking in the Motors section in regards to reporting a smokey vehicle, in my expierence however the Traffic Corp/Road Policing are very quick to pull over any vehicle that doesn't seem to be road worthy.

Yeah, I had a quick search in that section, couldn't see anything. I'll have a better look now.

What I was hoping is someone might know a local traffic guard I could pass the details to.

Thanks Clareman. (I know a girl called Claire Mann - she won an all-Ireland flute competition and someone said, "Oh, some Clare man won it." :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Yeah, I had a quick search in that section, couldn't see anything. I'll have a better look now.

What I was hoping is someone might know a local traffic guard I could pass the details to.

Thanks Clareman. (I know a girl called Claire Mann - she won an all-Ireland flute competition and someone said, "Oh, some Clare man won it." :D

I'm sure there's some joke to be made about flute playing, I just can't see it right now :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Just found this https://www.garda.ie/en/Victim-Services/Reporting-a-crime-FAQs/Can-I-report-bad-driving-.html
    Members of the public can call Traffic Watch lo-call number1890 205 805 to report aggressive driver behaviour, driving hazards and traffic-related incidents. Calls are answered and logged by civilian personnel at the Garda Information Services Centre, Castlebar. The reported incident is then forwarded to the relevant Garda Station for investigation.

Advertisement