Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deal on pet insurance?

Options
  • 06-06-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

What is a good pet insurance that's affordable but gives good cover? And are there things that are excluded by this insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Oh, just realised this may break the rules on commercial recommendations. If anyone would be so kind as to send me a PM with reasons why one company is better than another I'd be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Any pre-existing conditions will not be covered ...as well as the usual yearly vaccinations, teeth cleaning etc this will apply to all insurers OP

Allianz IMO are the best - been with them nearly 14 years now... LOTS of claims over the past 4 years (€3.5k ish per year - due to health issues) no issues with payouts

Bare in mind - once your dog hits 7 - there is an excess per condition (not per claim) €100 with Allianz per year and you will only be reimbursed 65% of overall costs... again similar practises with all of the companies.. its still worth it OP if your dog if anyway ill vet bills are €1,000's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm with Allianz too (cat) They're the only company that a lot of vets will deal with.

Advertisement