Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector interview preparation.

Options
  • 06-06-2019 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have an interview coming up for a Grade VII position. Im currently in the private sector and havent done a proper interview in about 20 years :o and have never done a competency based interview.

I know alot of you here have gone through interviews for various public sector competitions.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have recieved a very helpful document from the orgnisation in question that outlines how competency based interviews are conducted but any pearls of wisdom from fellow boardsies would be most welcome.

Regards,
    Cushtie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Breezer25

I recently did one for the EO in the civil service and I am starting my new job Monday. If the interview is similar then keep each of your compencies examples short and concise. The interview was 35 minutes and I was cut across on nearly every question so they could get an answer and move onto the next question. The EO interviews were timed so that all candidates were allocated the same amount of time.

Good luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Cheers. Thanks for the tips.

Advertisement