Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curve Card (all Bank Cards on One Card )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

There is a risk, but to be fair, the same risk occurs when you use your card at any retailer. Curve make their money when you make normal transactions - they don't make money by you getting your cards blocked and not running things through them...

I've been using Curve for a good 7 / 8 months so far, putting €8k through it, and I've found it excellent in that time.
    An indepth review which might be helpful: [SNIP]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,660 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I've had it for a few months, and the only real benefit I can see is using it with my credit card and then allocating the costs out to the appropriate account using the time machine function. I'm sure it'd be handy to trim my wallet down and still have access to all my cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Just wondering how Curve would work if you pay a holiday using a card (inside Curve) that has a holiday insurance policy on it as some MasterCards do. Would the policy still apply if paid for using the Curve card - just wondering if someone here has come across that situation?

matzen wrote: »
    Just wondering how Curve would work if you pay a holiday using a card (inside Curve) that has a holiday insurance policy on it as some MasterCards do. Would the policy still apply if paid for using the Curve card - just wondering if someone here has come across that situation?

Haven’t encountered but don’t see why not - it’s an online transaction one way or another.

The paid for Curve service has insurance cover, and both paid and free have purchase protection FYI
    https://discover.curve.app/a/new-customer-protection-upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

I see they have now added Google Pay to Curve. Would this mean that I could use Google Pay with my bank of Ireland Visa via Curve?

• Advertisement

Griffinx wrote: »
    I see they have now added Google Pay to Curve. Would this mean that I could use Google Pay with my bank of Ireland Visa via Curve?

Exactly

It's not letting me add it to Google pay. Has anyone managed to get it set up? This would be a game changer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Yes, with the same idea the original reason I originally registered with Curve is that they were promising Apple Pay support and I was hoping it would shortly enable cards from backwards banks with AppelPay.

But Curve has been so slow to roll it out that all my other cards actually now have ApplePay!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

McGaggs wrote: »
    It's not letting me add it to Google pay. Has anyone managed to get it set up? This would be a game changer for me.

I see on their community support website “Please note that Google Pay is currently only available to UK Curve customers.”

Could be the reason unless you are UK based.

Bob24 wrote: »
    I see on their community support website “Please note that Google Pay is currently only available to UK Curve customers.”

Could be the reason unless you are UK based.

Works fine for me, and just bought my lunch with it. My Curve address is for another country (keep meaning to update it to Irish address but keep forgetting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭Delta2113

*New*

What is Curve Send?

"Curve Send is a new feature available to our customers where you can send and receive payments from any card to any card.
    You will be able to select any amount up to £500 per day in the currency of your choice. We will charge you in the currency selected for that payment card in your Curve account."

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭doney84

Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting one of these cards but one thing I don't understand is, the curve website says "you can spend £500 per month with no currency conversion fees. Any cumulative spend over £500 per month, will incur a 2% fee", but if i was to select curve to take from my Revolut card would Revoult not do the FX exchange for me and also with Revoult I can exchange up to €6,000 per month before incurring a fee.

For example, I wanted to by a new TV from Currys in Northern Ireland which cost £1,000 would I not just be better off using my Revolut card directly ?

I must be missing something, appreciate if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks,
    doney84

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

doney84 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm thinking about getting one of these cards but one thing I don't understand is, the curve website says "you can spend £500 per month with no currency conversion fees. Any cumulative spend over £500 per month, will incur a 2% fee", but if i was to select curve to take from my Revolut card would Revoult not do the FX exchange for me and also with Revoult I can exchange up to €6,000 per month before incurring a fee.

For example, I wanted to by a new TV from Currys in Northern Ireland which cost £1,000 would I not just be better off using my Revolut card directly ?

I must be missing something, appreciate if someone could explain this to me.

Thanks,
    doney84

Yes, if you're spending more than £500 a month in non-euro transactions, you're better off letting Revolut do the FX conversion.

In the Curve app, each of your cards is set to a specific currency and Curve will process all transactions to each card in the currency you've selected for that card, performing any necessary FX conversion in the process.

So if you've your Revolut card set to euro (maybe because most of your transactions to that card are in euro) and you want to make a sterling transaction and have Revolut perform the FX conversion, then you first need to change the currency you've the Revolut card set to to sterling so Curve passes the sterling transaction to Revolut without first converting it to euro.

Similarly, if you want to perform a US$ transaction, you set the Revolut card's currency in the Curve app to US$. And so on for any other currency.

For foreign currency transactions in excess of £500 a month, it might just be simpler using a Revolut card directly rather than through Curve.

Google Pay now active for Republic of Ireland. This is excellent.
    I have seven debit cards on Curve. I can hop around pick which card I want and now use my phone to pay.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Google Pay now active for Republic of Ireland. This is excellent.
    I have seven debit cards on Curve. I can hop around pick which card I want and now use my phone to pay.

I'm even lazier than that. Tap the phone everywhere to pay on my credit card, sort it out later using back in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colmtstapleton

Does Curve support Samsung pay in ireland?. Although I have the google pay app on my phone that works fine, I have a Samsung galaxy watch that doesn't support google pay. Just wondering if I can link my curve account to the Samsung pay app to allow contactless payments with my watch in Ireland.

No U.K. only.

Advertisement