Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adios ChargeBump, hello NeedtoCharge?

Options
  • 06-06-2019 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭

Well Charge Bump is dead and gone, but there is a new player who seems to be improving on the old concept. 

www.needtocharge.com

Seems to be good, although of course the challenge is to get enough people using it. That was always an issue for ChargeBump, plus it wasn't well supported by the developer. 

Hopefully this one does better. And most importantly it seems to work with Irish registrations, something ChargeBump always had issues with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

Cant locate the app!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,253 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schofs.needtocharge&hl=en_GB

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/needtocharge/id1373791695?mt=8&fbclid=IwAR0PmmiDNMeB-c1r6VkSXLww2IoyVuPwFTpMiWr6EZm0cqkfMHWXXrOp9GY

Those any good? I got those directly from the developer. If you're on android and manage to get it installed, let me know. I'm not getting notifications when someone requests a charge to my registration.

I do receive the messages, but I have to in and look for them which defeats the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

I think the idea has a (human) flaw... Those contentious enough to install the app are likely to already be careful not to overstay on a charger - and those that couldn't care less how long they overstay will never even think about using any kind of app

Looks pretty good though :)

There is that, yeah.

The deliberate cheapskate hoggers obviously won't use it. But plenty of people don't abuse the system but don't like leaving a number on display. Or like me they forget a pen or lose their pad etc.

Plus people rarely leave a number or time of return on a SCP.

There are some bugs at the minute too, but the developer is working on it. I've been in touch with him and I'm trying to help a bit with the troubleshooting.

If anyone has downloaded the app and uses android, please let me know. I'm not getting notifications but I'm not sure if it's just me.

Already posted this on Facebook, but if anyone wants one of these discs printed and laminated, including the option for a unique QR code for your registration number, drop me a PM.

483981.jpg

I'll print, laminate and post you one, just send me the cost of the stamp via PayPal. I'll throw in the suction cup for free.

• Advertisement

Some background to the story of the NeedtoCharge app. And a name drop for yours truly in the process, lol.

https://twitter.com/EVNewsDaily/status/1185524504312930304?s=19

Another interview, this time with "The PlugSeeker" himself!

Another update, the app has gone from just a few hundred users a year ago, to now adding new registrations at a rate of about 400 a month.

I've also been helping the developer with promotion, and have sent out over 130 of the personalised and laminated QR coded discs with suction cups. Mainly in the UK and Ireland, but also Germany, Holland and Belgium, with some requests pending for Denmark and Italy.

English version
    502680.jpg

Dutch
    502681.jpg

Lucan I believe. One of the folks who ordered a pack from me sent a pic once they had put this sign on the charger.
    502683.jpeg

Somewhere in Holland!
    502682.jpg

Advertisement