Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underfloor Heating Repair - Plumber Recommendation/Help

Options
  • 05-06-2019 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry to bug you. Myself and my wife are in the process of purchasing a second hand property which has underfloor heating. After the engineers survey the engineer snagged issues with the UFH. The vendor sent their plumber in to check the system out and suggested to the vendor that they scrap the system and install radiators instead.

Obviously, we would hope that this is just his opinion and would prefer to repair the system as best as possible and not have to basically de-value the property and stick in a whole radiator system.
    I'm looking to find a plumber/expert who would be good at diagnosing issues with UFH, determining the source (if its a leak or whatever) and would be willing to fix it and give a cost. I'm finding it quite difficult to find someone. The house is not too far from Drogheda, Meath. Could you please send me any recommendations or contacts via PM and we would really appreciate your help on this!

Thank you!

Advertisement