Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garden/yard design software recommendation

Options
  • 05-06-2019 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,037 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for a hopefully free software package that easily (like, at the level of complexity of doing drawings in Visio or Paint), will let me draw a to-scale map of our house and yard, simple boxes, circle, etc. The version of Visio I have (2010 I think) doesn't really do scaling. The more recent version does to some degree, allowing different scales for the rulers.

Any suggestions? There are bunches of garden design packages out there, but I'm not looking for 3d rendering and the ability to drag/drop in trees and plants, though that'd be nice I doubt I'd find a lot of plants native to Ireland in these packages.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sketchup will do it, although it's not the easiest to work with and the circles are polygons.

Just use overhead camera with parallel perspective.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Of the free cad packages something like Librecad looks like a decent 2d option.

Advertisement