Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last working day

Options
  • 04-06-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Will new employer be able to find out when is my actual last working date from the old employer, under the new PAYE modernization?

Thanks,
    Hope

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

"When you leave an employment after 31 December 2018, your employer will no longer issue you with a Form P45. They must enter your leaving date when submitting details of your final pay and deductions to Revenue."

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/paye-modernisation-for-employees/changes-when-you-start-and-leave-a-job.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I used to work in the PAYE section in Revenue up to a couple of years ago, and I know that employees had the right not to have a new employer know what their previous pay was, and if they had ongoing other employments, the date of cessation of a previous employment, etc. An employee could contact Revenue and ask for a Week 1/Month 1 tax credit cert to issue to the new employer, provided they submitted their P45 (3) directly to Revenue.

There must be some equivalent arrangement now....it'd be worth phoning Revenue to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

@OP
    When you start with your new company, they will receive a Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN), which contains your gross taxable income YTD and the total taxes deducted YTD from all PAYE employment sources.

The RPN doesn't contain a cessation date from previous employments.

Mark Ogilvie
    Parolla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

mogilvie wrote: »
    @OP
    When you start with your new company, they will receive a Revenue Payroll Notification (RPN), which contains your gross taxable income YTD and the total taxes deducted YTD from all PAYE employment sources.

The RPN doesn't contain a cessation date from previous employments.

Mark Ogilvie
    Parolla

Great...so you can't lie as a negotiation tactic anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭mogilvie

You can lie about all sorts of things if so inclined, the odds of being called out just increased though! The information isn't new (I think your old P45 Part 3 had previous tax details) but it is easy for the payroll people to view now.

The RPN doesn't say which employment generated the income. But for most people, if they only had one job in the year, and if the new employer knows the approximate dates, then they could quickly estimate the previous role taxable income.

Mark
    Parolla

• Advertisement
Advertisement