Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android phone

Options
  • 04-06-2019 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Is the xiaomi max3 64GB dual sim smartphone unlocked and does it need to a globa one.I'm going to buy it on amazon.co.uk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is the xiaomi max3 64GB dual sim smartphone unlocked and does it need to a globa one.I'm going to buy it on amazon.co.uk.

If it's on Amazon.co.uk then presumably it's compatible here. Can you post a link to it and we can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭fantastic98

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    If it's on Amazon.co.uk then presumably it's compatible here. Can you post a link to it and we can confirm?
    Thanks.hpw do I post a link as I'm not technologically inclined.

Thanks.hpw do I post a link as I'm not technologically inclined.

If you are on an Android phone then go to the page on Amazon and copy the full address by long pressing on it to highlight it and then pressing copy. Then come back here and hold down in the text field to paste

If you are on an Android phone then go to the page on Amazon and copy the full address by long pressing on it to highlight it and then pressing copy. Then come back here and hold down in the text field to paste
    I have absolutely no idea what
    to press down.https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Max-64GB-Dual-SIM-Black/dp/B07GVRS5FV

I have absolutely no idea what
    to press down.
    It says non uk official version

• Advertisement

It says non uk official version
    I have sent it now

I have sent it now

That is the global version on Amazon but it can be gotten cheaper from reputable places like here

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-max-3-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

Have you actually seen this phone? It has a 6.9" screen which is basically a tablet. If I were you I'd go for something a bit smaller. What have you got at the moment?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Sir Dosser wrote:
    Have you actually seen this phone? It has a 6.9" screen which is basically a tablet. If I were you I'd go for something a bit smaller. What have you got at the moment?

I'm guessing he wants the huge battery, but agree with you, it's a huge phone that's nearly a year old at this stage.

That is the global version on Amazon but it can be gotten cheaper from reputable places like here

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-max-3-4gb-64gb-dual-sim-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

Ive a huawei y6 2017. I had a huawei y6 2018 but it sometimes didnt send texts so sent fir repair but they said there was moisture damage. A friend of mine is the xiamoni and finds it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Shorty69664

Just to give the other side. I have this exact phone (bought from euglobal) and love the size of it. I'll never go back to a smaller size phone.
    It was a worry at first but no problem at all with it.

Similar to what someone mentioned above, it was the battery size that attracted me first as well and I haven't been disappointed yet.

• Advertisement

Ive a huawei y6 2017. I had a huawei y6 2018 but it sometimes didnt send texts so sent fir repair but they said there was moisture damage. A friend of mine is the xiamoni and finds it very good.

If it's the same one he has and you like the size then go for it. Xiaomi are a great value brand.

Just to give the other side. I have this exact phone (bought from euglobal) and love the size of it. I'll never go back to a smaller size phone.
    It was a worry at first but no problem at all with it.

Similar to what someone mentioned above, it was the battery size that attracted me first as well and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Yeah I'd like the bigger screen. I believe it has a good sound as well. So is it a global phone and ok to use in Ireland. Its also unlocked I guess. Im with tesco here but will move to three.ie with this new phone. Why do people suggest buying with amazon always.

If it's the same one he has and you like the size then go for it. Xiaomi are a great value brand.
    I wonder if I weren't satisfied with it, would I be able to return it.

I wonder if I weren't satisfied with it, would I be able to return it.

Amazon have the best returns policy which is why people recommend them but I'm not sure they'd take it back if there was nothing wrong with it.

Amazon have the best returns policy which is why people recommend them but I'm not sure they'd take it back if there was nothing wrong with it.

Thanks for your help. Its appreciated..

Thanks for your help. Its appreciated..
    Me again. Just wondering why is the phone cost so much cheaper with eglobal.eu than amazon

Me again. Just wondering why is the phone cost so much cheaper with eglobal.eu than amazon

Not sure but they have always been a bit cheaper. I think they import in bulk more on demand rather than in advance so you will wait uo to weeks for the phone whereas Amazon would have it to you quicker

Not sure but they have always been a bit cheaper. I think they import in bulk more on demand rather than in advance so you will wait uo to weeks for the phone whereas Amazon would have it to you quicker
    But the phone would be just as good as the one from amazon?. Plus is it better to buy instore than online but then it may not be unlocked instore.

But the phone would be just as good as the one from amazon?. Plus is it better to buy instore than online but then it may not be unlocked instore.
    Phone will be the exact same from eglobalcentral as it would be from amazon. It's usually better value to buy online rather than instore. None of the main phone operators stock this model although three do have other Xiaomi's selling for more than can be found online. If you find it in a phone shop here it will be unlocked but chances are they bought it from eglobalcentral or similar and have added €50 or more to the pricetag.

Here's a review of the phone.

And this will give you an idea how much bigger it is to your current phone.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Xiaomi-Mi-Max-3,Huawei-Y6-Pro-2017/phones/10789,10700

• Advertisement

Here's a review of the phone.

Very good. Someone said the phone is a year old. Is that ok

Yeah I'd like the bigger screen. I believe it has a good sound as well. So is it a global phone and ok to use in Ireland. Its also unlocked I guess. Im with tesco here but will move to three.ie with this new phone. Why do people suggest buying with amazon always.

Yes, mine was a global phone that came unlocked. I started with a 3 sim in it that worked straight away. Move to a Lycamobile SIM shortly after which required some settings changes I found on the net (APN I believe) but nothing major.

Delivery time for me was 9/10 day. My wife recently bought a redmi 7 from euglobal and that took about 14 days. Know of someone who also bought a Xiaomi phone from them and that was about 10 day delivery.

Very good. Someone said the phone is a year old. Is that ok

The phone being a year old isn't the end of the world, it just means you may not get the next version of Android pushed out to the phone and security updates will eventually stop coming a bit sooner than if you bought a phone only released more recently. To be honest that wouldn't stop me buying it if I liked it.

The phone being a year old isn't the end of the world, it just means you may not get the next version of Android pushed out to the phone and security updates will eventually stop coming a bit sooner than if you bought a phone only released more recently. To be honest that wouldn't stop me buying it if I liked it.
    So how long do you reckon it would last for without android updates etc.

So how long do you reckon it would last for without android updates etc.
    just bought it at eglobal. Will let you know how it goes..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

just bought it at eglobal. Will let you know how it goes..

Well done, you'll love it. Word of warning, their tracking system is useless and very frustrating, just be prepared for delivery to take 2-3 weeks(10-15 working days). The average delivery takes just over a week though. Let us know when it arrives.

tedpan wrote: »
    Well done, you'll love it. Word of warning, their tracking system is useless and very frustrating, just be prepared for delivery to take 2-3 weeks(10-15 working days). The average delivery takes just over a week though. Let us know when it arrives.
    will keep you posted. Thanks for your help..kevin..

Well done on the purchase. I haven't regretted mine yet.

While you are waiting, my advise would be to pick up a cheap cover and a few protective screens from e.bay. it's a bigger phone than you are probably used to, which is quite slippy without a cover, so you don't want to let it fall.

For some reason I keep cracking the protective screens which is why I say to get a few (maybe 3?).
    Better those to crack than the actual phone screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Anyone know what kind of charger adapter comes with the international/global Xiaomi phones from eglobalcentral (3 pin plug for Irish/UK sockets?) Thinking of getting the Mi A2 Lite for herself, eglobalcentraluk looks to be a bit cheaper than eglobalcentraleu.

• Advertisement

I Can only tell you my experiences which probably doesn't help.

I bought a Mi max 3 and the charger had a standard 3 pin plug.
    My wife got a redmi 7 which came with a 2 pin plug for the charger but a convertor plug was also included for a 3 pin socket.

Advertisement