Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After employment was terminated...

Options
  • 04-06-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I was told to terminate the employment within 2 weeks (with ex-gratia payment), but i chose to leave immediately.

Q1: When would be my actual last date, the date of notification or the date after two weeks?

Q2: If i am hired again by a new employer, will he/she be able to find when my employment terminate, or even i was told to let go, under the new PAYE modernization?
    I started to look for a new job now, but was suggested by some kind friends, do not tell the new employer that I am jobless because that will cause my job hunting more difficult...

This is a tough situation for me...thanks a mill...
    Hopehope

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Your last day of employment is that last day you're paid for. Any ex gratia payment is not included.

Yes, any new employer will be aware of your last day of employment when they draw down your tax cert. At that point you'll be employed and you can just say that you thought the exgratia payment was counted as employment.

Advertisement