Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting Suggestions for new 50meter border

Options
  • 03-06-2019 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hoping you all might have planting suggestions for a new boarder along a post and rail fence and a low wall. It can be as deep as I need it to be but was thinking 1mt - 1.5mt.
    I will plant some decorative trees also, maybe Cornus Kousa , Mountain Ash, Crataegus.
    I was thinking along the lines of hydrangeas and viburnum but am stuck there - can’t think of anything else. Hoping to get some evergreens and as much colour throughout the year as possible.
    Will add in herbaceous perennials
    Thanks in advance ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Pinky123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hoping you all might have planting suggestions for a new boarder along a post and rail fence and a low wall. It can be as deep as I need it to be but was thinking 1mt - 1.5mt.
    I will plant some decorative trees also, maybe Cornus Kousa , Mountain Ash, Crataegus.
    I was thinking along the lines of hydrangeas and viburnum but am stuck there - can’t think of anything else. Hoping to get some evergreens and as much colour throughout the year as possible.
    Thanks in advance ðŸ˜

How about some clematis or other climbers to climb along the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pinky123 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks in advance ðŸ˜

Some evergreen shrubs I like that you might consider include Pieris (particularly forest flame), Ceanothus, Hebe, Berberis, Sarcococca, Osmanthus, Mahonia, Lithodora, Iberis, Variegated laurel, Rosemary, Camellia, Pittosporum, pale leaved choisya, olearia, rhododendron, escallonia, myrtle, photinia red robin, bay laurel and short videos including these and a few others are available on this link.

Advertisement