Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to lisdoonvarna

Options
  • 03-06-2019 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Myself and a few friends are goingto lisdoonvarna for the matchmaking festival in September. Hopefully it'll be good fun.

My question is how do we get there from Dublin? I know the gobus goes as far as Ennis as does the train but can we get a taxi from there to Lisdoonvarna? How much would that cost? We'd be going down the Friday and back on Sunday.

We don't want to drive because then one of us couldn't drink the Saturday night. Don't want to risk getting out off the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

You can get a bus from the station in Ennis to lisdoon . Around €20 return .

• Registered Users Posts: 31 catbro3

Thanks for the reply. Do they run very often?

I suppose its a bus eireann bus so the timetable will be online.

Do you reckon we'd have to prebook? Will it be very busy around that time b

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

It’s bus Éireann . Think it’s twice daily . I suppose it would be no harm to
    prebook a week or so beforehand . Check online to be sure though .

Twice daily isn't a lot really. If we missed it we'd be really stuck.

Do you thinking going to galway and getting a bus from there would be a more regular timetable or is that just madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

catbro3 wrote: »
    Twice daily isn't a lot really. If we missed it we'd be really stuck.

Do you thinking going to galway and getting a bus from there would be a more regular timetable or is that just madness?

Dublin coach or gobus to ennis, you could get a taxi from ennis to lisdoon if it looks like you wont make the bus, I think a taxi for 4 is 60 euro, 40 min trip, there'll be plenty taxis in lisdoon for the trip back to ennis or you could take the bus eireann back to ennis on the Sunday, I wouldn't recommend bus from galway, the road is bad and takes ages

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply,

I'll have a look at the bus timetable and see what the story is. I'll put Galway out of the equation so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The bus is a lot more than twice daily. Have a look at buseireann.ie for times and tickets

Yes. Just had a look there. Is seems to be every 2 hours. Think we'll get the train to Ennis (if we book early we can get tickets cheap enough) and then the bus from there.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Go to galway. Theres a frequent service from galway to doolin and it goes through Lisdoon.

Advertisement