Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Bean subscription price increase

Options
  • 03-06-2019 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Just seen that Hasbean's 52 week subscription to Ireland including shipping has gone up from £350 to £545.

I imagine all sorts of things are gonna start getting more expensive in GBP as the medium term effects of Brexit/ their currency tanking start to hit. Still seems excessive though.

I used to buy from Irish roasters and Hasbean - looks like it'll be Irish only from now on!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

As well as the postage issue they look to have increased the pricing for everyone (standard price per bag no matter the frequency)
    https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/news/subscription-pricing-update

Bailies subs are very reasonable too OP (for now at least!)

I have not ordered from Hasbean in maybe 7 or 8 years - not sure why. I remember they used to be the first place mentioned but now there is just so much choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭comerla

As well as the postage issue they look to have increased the pricing for everyone (standard price per bag no matter the frequency)
    https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/news/subscription-pricing-update

Bailies subs are very reasonable too OP (for now at least!)

I have not ordered from Hasbean in maybe 7 or 8 years - not sure why. I remember they used to be the first place mentioned but now there is just so much choice.

Thanks - never heard of Baileys. 15 GBP per month for 500g seems reasonable. Coffee any good? Any other decent options?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Have had a Bailies sub for years and occasionally, every about 3 months or so, I need to order a couple of extra "fill the gap" bags like yesterday.
    I see they're now charging for orders under £50. Never had that before. Was always free p & p.
    Not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

comerla wrote: »
    Thanks - never heard of Baileys. 15 GBP per month for 500g seems reasonable. Coffee any good? Any other decent options?

Bailies coffee is excellent imo - also there are regularly 10% off codes going about at easter, xmas etc. so keep an eye on the bargains thread here.

Subscription wise Bell lane do a single origin one - have tried a couple of single origins as well as their blends and all are fantastic imo

There are lots of recommendations if you search some previous threads.

I like Rave coffee too but their subs are pretty pricey because of postage so just order one-offs deliveries

Badger & dodo are good too - can't remember if they do a sub - I think they do!

Advertisement