Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX One Mic not working-please help.

• 02-06-2019 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi folks, my young lad got an xbox one and a turtle beach recon 50 headset but we have the following issue. I have put as much info as I could in the post sorry if its long winded.
    When he is playing online other people cant hear him.

We have vodafone wireless broadband - huawei B528 router, this is going wirelessley to access points one of which is what the xbox is connected to.

Headset/mic works fine on ps4 so its not that.
    Tries wired directly to router so its not that.
    Tried the other access points and the router wirelessly so its not that.
    UPnP on router set to enable.
    NAT on router set to cone.

The access point it is connected to is a TP link WA801N and i cant access upnp or nat settings on this.
    NAT type on access point according to xbox is moderate (i suspect this may be a problem).

When I test multiplayer connection on the xbox i get "There is an MTU problem" and "check your MTU setting s 1384 or higher"(no idea how to change this).

Please help as we are our wits end with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

hard reset your xbox(hold the power button on the xbox for 10seconds) and router.

The headset mic isn't working but we're talking about network settings. What exactly is the issue with the headset?

The MTU error is usually down to packet loss over the network. No need to change the MTU value anywhere as unless you've gone out of your way to change it then it's at it's default value and correct.

So is it that he's having issues connecting to mulitplayer games?

Advertisement