Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pink lipstick, longlasting semi matt?

Options
  • 01-06-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hi

I'm just looking for something nice for the summer.

A nice pink/pink nude lipstick, long lasting semi matt?
    Nothing drying, I'm 40. I have fair hair and light skin.

Any suggestions welcome, I'm willing to pay a little extra.

Thanks!
    Pix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks are great, theyre not drying at all. Pillow talk is a nice nude pinky shade that suits every skin tone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Just to add that Pillow Talk definitely does not suit all skin tones- gorgeous colour but unfortunately it made me look dead.

I love Nars audacious in Apoline. The audacious formula is brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks a mill to you both.

I was tempted to get the pillow talk but I read online it's closer to brown than pink. 'Very Victoria' looks more pink, but its hard to tell on the internet. Charlotte Tilbury does look like a nice choice.

I'm going to look up the Nars now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Pixied wrote: »
    Thanks a mill to you both.

I was tempted to get the pillow talk but I read online it's closer to brown than pink. 'Very Victoria' looks more pink, but its hard to tell on the internet. Charlotte Tilbury does look like a nice choice.

I'm going to look up the Nars now.

I'd recommend going to a Charlotte Tilbury counter and getting an assistants help, she has a very pinky nudes!
    Penelope pink and Bitch Perfect were recommended to me, I with BP, its definitely a pink more than a nude, and I'll probably get Penelope pink at a later stage also

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I love the Elizabeth Arden ceramide ultra lipsticks. Petal is a lovely pink shade in the range, I wear it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Do the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks stay on like Maybelline Superstay or Rimmel Provocalips?

Ive converted completely over to long lasting lipsticks.

Rimmel Provocalips has a nude/pink shade that I wear for daytime sometimes, its called "Ill Call You":

Rimmel-Provocalips-Ill-Call-You.jpg

They come with a separate clear gloss so you can wear it semi matt if you want. Its not drying - might be too "pink" for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Thanks a mill everyone.

I ended up with Liv it Up by Charlotte Tilbury. I went to BT2s.

I'm a bit disappointed as it was recommended by the MUA.
    But when I wore it out my friends said it wasn't worth the money, as the colour wasn't great on me.
    Its a pale pink. I tried Pillow talk too but it was a bit faint. Bitch Perfect looked peachy on me, but was nice.

Back to the drawing board!! I think I'm going to look for a strong cool pink now, for a pop of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

On the rare occasions I opt for a pink day lip instead of a red I can't recommend Besamé Cosmetics shade "Dusty Rose 1969" enough. Very long lasting for a cream lipstick and the formula feels fantastic. Plus it smells a bit like chocolate. :)

Advertisement