Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing East Coast Shore

Options
  • 01-06-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Has anyone been out fishing along the east coast shore marks?
    Iv been out couple times and drawn blanks using different methods.
    Just wondering how everyone else is getting on or any advice on where to go send my way please.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

You’re doing well to blank if you’re fishing in Wexford at the moment.
    Use ragworm at night and you’ll catch off pretty much any of the beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭rovers2001

Bogwoppit wrote: »
    You’re doing well to blank if you’re fishing in Wexford at the moment.
    Use ragworm at night and you’ll catch off pretty much any of the beaches.

Cheers for that,Dublin reaping zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Copal

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Cheers for that,Dublin reaping zero.

Ya ive been out myself the past few weeks in south dublin, havent seen much action in terms of sportfish but have been getting pollack and doggies on the sandeel. ive found recently that when standard baits arent working throw on a full sandeel or a bigger bait, try casting different distances as well, a lot of fish come in to feed very close to shore, especially at night.

Fished Killiney yesterday caught Zero again.
    Been using mackerel strips time for change I reckon.
    Disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Copal

rovers2001 wrote: »
    Fished Killiney yesterday caught Zero again.
    Been using mackerel strips time for change I reckon.
    Disappointing.

Im surprised, they usually do the trick around there. A lot of lugworm appear on that beach naturally so thats always a good shout, you can never go wrong with live rag as well.

• Advertisement

Copal wrote: »
    Im surprised, they usually do the trick around there. A lot of lugworm appear on that beach naturally so thats always a good shout, you can never go wrong with live rag as well.

Any areas fishing well from the shore guys around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I say it all the time but if you have the time to go fishing (and its rare enough) head south - Arklow being the closest you should travel and wexford being the prime destination. Anywhere in Wexford is infinately better than dublin, dont waste precious hrs on beaches with no fish!!

If you want marks pm me.

Also a ggod guide here on reading beaches to give you the best possible chance while you are out.

How to

Thanks for that very good input.

Advertisement