Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N20 - Mallow to Cork section

• 01-06-2019 2:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44

I noticed that there are several gaps in the metal cable barrier on the road between Mallow and Cork. I don't mean the main junctions with filter lanes. What I am referring to are short gaps opposite gateways into some fields and houses. It seems to me that it would be very hazardous to use these gaps to get across to the other side of the road.
    In the case of travelling on the road and using one of these gaps to go into a gateway on the right hand side, it would be very difficult due to the turning circle required, and the necessity of waiting for a sufficient gap in traffic on the opposite side of the road.
    In the case of coming out of a field or driveway and turning right onto the road, there would have to be a sufficient gap in traffic in both directions to get across safely.
    Then there are also many other similar entrances where there is no gap in the metal cable barrier, and traffic would have to continue along on their own side of the road until they came to a junction where they could turn around.
    I am wondering why are these gaps there as they could be very unsafe, and why are they present for some entrances along the road and not for others.
    Were the landowners able to request these gaps when the barrier was being installed, or did they have a veto over the NRA installing the barrier opposite their gateways?

Comments

Advertisement