Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max H'cap increase in 12 months?

Options
  • 31-05-2019 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

What is the max your handicap can get over a period of a year? Is it ten 0.1's or 1.0 greater than your starting handicap?

For example, you start the year at 18.0 and then get cut to 17.4 in your first qualifying event. Is the max handicap you can achieve in the year 18.4 (ten 0.1's) or 19.0 (sixteen 0.1's)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

davegilly wrote: »
    What is the max your handicap can get over a period of a year? Is it ten 0.1's or 1.0 greater than your starting handicap?

For example, you start the year at 18.0 and then get cut to 17.4 in your first qualifying event. Is the max handicap you can achieve in the year 18.4 (ten 0.1's) or 19.0 (sixteen 0.1's)?

As per your example 18.4 is correct, it's 1.0 greater than your lowest handicap in a calendar year

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Note that you could still get an increase upon review on top of the 0.1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

GreeBo wrote: »
    I don't want any further increase :) Ten 0.1's is plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

GreeBo wrote: »

yea i think this can happen twice
    on annual review or if you hit 7 .1's in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Seve OB wrote: »
    yea i think this can happen twice
    on annual review or if you hit 7 .1's in a row

7 x .1s only triggers a review. I think in my 3 years as handicap sec I increased a handicap twice mid year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

So I'm currently down to 17.4 from 18.9, meaning the highest I can go out to is 18.4 ?

I always thought you can go up one full shot from your HC at the start of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Someone I know who has been struggling to break 30 points for the best part of 5 years and playing off 24.2 at the start of the year, gained 3 more 0.1's back to get to 24.5. The handicap secretary then gave him a 2 shot increase in handicap to make him 26.5. He has since continued to gain 0.1's through just not playing well enough.

Will the maximum handicap he can reach be 27.2 ? (basing off the starting handicap of the year)
    Or Will it be 27.5 ? (basing off the handicap he was adjusted to ?)

Basically, does his previous 0.1's in the year count towards his 1.0 because he had an upwards adjustment or was his count reset ?

Advertisement