Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote work in Ireland

Options
  • 31-05-2019 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi People, I'm trying to switch from a 9-5 office job (accounting technician/bookkeeper) to working remotely, from anywhere in the world. I know it has become hugely popular in the US, there are a lot of websites etc. but I'm struggling to find anything here. Do you know of any websites or forums that I could try? Does anyone work this way - I'd love to have a chat:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

What is your question, do you want to know how your current employer can make your role remote or do you want to find a role that will allow you to work remote?
    Not sure what you expect a website to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

If you have work/customers, and they are happy for you not to be face to face, what exactly do you need to be answered?

Surely, at that point, all you need is an internet connection and the computer with the software you will need?

Or is your question is about employing staff remotely, say a secretary for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 wowey

I'd like to get work from people online (outside of my existing customers that I know face to face). I know there are websites like Fiverrr or Upwork where people advertise their remote services but they are aimed at US/ Australia/ UK clientele. I wonder if there is a need for that in Ireland - are there any websites where I could advertise this kind of service? I'm obviously used to bookeeping within Irish rules & regulations. Or is there any bookkeeper here based in Ireland that works for other nations as well?

I have a pretty general question, hoping to get pointed in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You should try to find local companies who will let you do this, otherwise you might he competing with the folk on upwork.com and they work for peanuts.

Advertisement