Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose soundlink speaker 2. 114€ amazon.De

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Bose are crap, overpriced. I got a better Anker bargain alert on here for €30ish on Amazon
    Anker Stereo Wireless Bluetooth... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0109TWZ54?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Nobody really cares if you think Bose are crap or not. This is a bargain alert thread, not a "give me opinions on the Soundlink II" thread. It's sh!tty responses like this that stop people posting bargain alerts. For anybody who is looking to buy a Soundlink II, this is good value.

I have both a Soundlink II and a good Anker speaker in my house, and the Bose is certainly not crap. It's better than the Anker, and the Anker isn't a bad speaker

Nobody really cares if you think Bose are crap or not. This is a bargain alert thread, not a "give me opinions on the Soundlink II" thread. It's sh!tty responses like this that stop people posting bargain alerts. For anybody who is looking to buy a Soundlink II, this is good value.

I have both a Soundlink II and a good Anker speaker in my house, and the Bose is certainly not crap. It's better than the Anker, and the Anker isn't a bad speaker

This is Boards not Hot UK deals, expect suggested bargains to be questioned, opinions given and alternatives offered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Bose are crap, overpriced. I got a better Anker bargain alert on here for €30ish on Amazon
    Anker Stereo Wireless Bluetooth... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0109TWZ54?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Two people I know purchased that anker speaker and both of them had USB port issues.

magentis wrote: »
    Two people I know purchased that anker speaker and both of them had USB port issues.

Maybe, I have 2 of them no issues. In fact we've plenty of Anker products, cables etc. They're always great quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Maybe, I have 2 of them no issues. In fact we've plenty of Anker products, cables etc. They're always great quality

Anker products are great for the price, but the Bose speaker is better. Though Bose have changed to Malaysia for their manufacturing, I believe, and it's not as high quality as it used to be when they were manufactured in Mexico. I've heard older versions of this speaker compared to the newer version and the former definitely sounds better. Maybe they have since changed back manufacturing again, I don't know.

Bose are a long time cutting corners on quality. I'm unfortunate enough to have got sucked in by a Mazda with an 11 speaker Bose system. The drivers door speaker blew so I took of the card off the door to find a sh1te Bose speaker with a light paper cone. It even has a proprietary connector. I tried every scrap yard and part finder to be told they fly out the door, the dealers snap them up as it's well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭NewClareman

I’ve used Bose noise canceling headphones and home cinema systems for many years. I recommend them very highly.

I’m not familiar with this system but techrader consider the Bose SoundLink MIni II... one of the best-sounding wireless speakers we’ve ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Bose are a long time cutting corners on quality. I'm unfortunate enough to have got sucked in by a Mazda with an 11 speaker Bose system. The drivers door speaker blew so I took of the card off the door to find a sh1te Bose speaker with a light paper cone. It even has a proprietary connector. I tried every scrap yard and part finder to be told they fly out the door, the dealers snap them up as it's well known.
    You really don't like Bose.

alan4cult wrote: »
    You really don't like Bose.

Yeah well one time they meant quality, which is no longer guaranteed. They still make some decent products, but a lot of crap also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

I bought one of these about 6 months ago and it’s top quality. I’d highly recommend it to anybody and that’s the best price I’ve ever seen it at!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

It is showing as £49.99. Where do I get for €30?

donnyvegas wrote: »
    It is showing as £49.99. Where do I get for €30?

Watch it with Camelcamelcamel or keepa, it drops a few times a year

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭seanino

Not true, Ive used plenty of Bose products and they’ve always been top notch. Their noise canceling headphones are unreal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

This is Boards not Hot UK deals, expect suggested bargains to be questioned, opinions given and alternatives offered

Even if it is 'crap', the OP posted some crap that's cheaper than it normally retails for so there's no question about it.

Have Bose speaker and find it great so bose ain't 'crap'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

has anyone compared a newer 'crap' Soundlink to a UE Boom?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

As a sniffy dealer once said:
    Bose. Boom and hiss dear boy, boom and hiss

But for a 150 quid or so table mounted box don't expect high-fidelity. Grand for casual listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Can ye shag off to the audiophiles forum, please?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I bought a Soundlink Mini II about 3 years ago, and it remains one of my favourite purchases ever.
    Used every day, inside and out, taken on every trip.

Was acting a bit flaky last month. After a quick Google plugged it into my laptop and updated the firmware. Perfect again.

Great price.

(The Soundlink Mini III is an example of screwing with great design to make something functionally worse.)

Advertisement