Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download directly to harddrive connected to TV

Options
  • 30-05-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy folks,

I'm looking for the best way to watch downloaded content on a smart tv without having to constantly disconnect/reconnect a harddrive. At present I download using a laptop and then transfer to an external harddrive, which I then plug into the tv via USB.

I know it's possible to add the harddrive to the network but I'm guessing the TV would have be on if I wanted to access the harddrive (as it relied on the tv for power and internet).

How do I make this process simpler?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

A couple of options spring to mind:
    • switch to using a wireless hard drive (but that costs money) that you can leave connected to the tv and 'push' files from your laptop to it, or
    • connect your hard drive to your modem/router and use the inbuilt sharing facility (that most have) to then share the hard drive on the network? Note I'm assuming when you say 'smart tv' it has the ability to find files on your network somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Plex + Chromecast

Advertisement