Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking fine

Options
  • 29-05-2019 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi all quick question, if I got a parking fine from apcoa who are contracted on behalf of the council, am I legally obligated to pay this? It’s not the council themselves who issued the fine but a private operator so surely that makes it a civil matter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Hi all quick question, if I got a parking fine from apcoa who are contracted on behalf of the council, am I legally obligated to pay this? It’s not the council themselves who issued the fine but a private operator so surely that makes it a civil matter?

First off you are not "obligated" to pay any fine no matter who issued it, even a Garda issued fine, rather you have a choice - pay or go to court and risk prosecution.

A fine issued by an agent acting on behalf of the council is no different than a fine issued by the council themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 suvarna phulphagar

Hi
    I bought new Duplex with 2car parking places
    Paid maintenance in time. Parking responsibility was contracted to Apcoa
    Apcoa didn't send me mail about requirement to register on my registered mail.
    So I was unaware of the parking display tickets requirement to request from Apcoa.
    When I went on abroad my car was clamped by Apcoa and charged me 125 euro
    After making an appeal denied to pay back
    What is the process
    Please guide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

If you bought the spaces are they not private property?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Hi
    I bought new Duplex with 2car parking places
    Paid maintenance in time. Parking responsibility was contracted to Apcoa
    Apcoa didn't send me mail about requirement to register on my registered mail.
    So I was unaware of the parking display tickets requirement to request from Apcoa.
    When I went on abroad my car was clamped by Apcoa and charged me 125 euro
    After making an appeal denied to pay back
    What is the process
    Please guide

Talk to your management company

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

TheW1zard wrote: »
    If you bought the spaces are they not private property?

They would be leased from the management company, not owned outright by the o/p.
    The lease will inevitably contain the condition that the lessee comply with the House Rules,
    of the estate. The OP should have read the House Rules before entering into occupation.
    How is the clamping company going to know that somebody has moved in?

• Advertisement
Advertisement