Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on finding a first job

Options
  • 28-05-2019 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am 19 and currently looking for a part time job.I have applied to over 50 places both online and irl over the past few months and got 2 job interviews and no offers.Every place expects some kind of work experience and most of my friends got their first job through relatives and good friends which were managers which I don't have the privilege of.Whats the best way to find a first job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Can your friends help you get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Can your friends help you get a job?

This.
    Use any contacts and friends you have to get your foot in the door. Even of it’s not your dream job, any kind of customer service experience (pub, shop etc) will give you an advantage when looking for your next job. Tell all your friends who work in pubs, Dunne’s etc that you are looking for work and have a CV ready to drop in when they tell you XX has just left or YY company needs extra staff for Summer. Also look out for casual work at big events near you - for example Galway races employ a gang of youngsters to help in the car park. It’s only one week but it’s all experience and building contacts.

Advertisement