Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord ignoring freezer problem

Options
  • 28-05-2019 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So our freezer broke 6 weeks ago and we contacted the landlord to get it fixed as it is a new he got and is one less than a year old. The day it broke we contacted and were told to send a picture of the model which we did. Then a week later got a call from saying will be in touch soon. Since then everything has been ignored. Calls arent being answer and texts arent returned. I know the freezer isn't a big deal but its very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Did you remind him that it's new and still under warranty, so it won't cost to get it fixed.

But if he leaves it too long then it'll go out of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Did you remind him that it's new and still under warranty, so it won't cost to get it fixed.

But if he leaves it too long then it'll go out of warranty

Warranty is a none issue. The contract is with the retailer and not the manufacturer. But the landlord needs to contact the retailer to get the 3 R's process going.

OP ask the landlord for a copy of the receipt and you can contact the retailer directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Del2005 wrote: »
    Warranty is a none issue. The contract is with the retailer and not the manufacturer. But the landlord needs to contact the retailer to get the 3 R's process going.

OP ask the landlord for a copy of the receipt and you can contact the retailer directly.

Cant get any comms with LL. The shop just fob me off and say'll there send someone but never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,944 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

declan2693 wrote: »
    Cant get any comms with LL. The shop just fob me off and say'll there send someone but never do.

Lodge a complaint with the RTB then. They are good at going after landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I don't wish to stray into the realms of legal advice here but the advice I'd give in the A&P forum would be to write to the LL giving them 14 days to fix it. If they do not I would get it fixed myself, keeping the receipt, and lodge a complaint with the RTB for reimbursement. If you can wait, as above simply lodge a complaint with the RTB and they will mediate.

The shop don't have to deal with you as there is no contract, but the manufacturer might be willing to help based on the manufacturing date of the item as I assume you don;t have, and can't get, the receipt.

As a LL myself who has had this exact problem it boils my... annoys me that there are LL's out there that do this. 6 weeks is an entirely unreasonable time to be waiting. My tenants had a new fridge freezer inside a week and I was out of the country at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Del2005 wrote: »
    The 3Rs are only for goods bought by consumers. not businesses, as a LL is, so the warranty or a retailers T&C would need to be consulted as to what rights the LL has towards retailer or manufacturer.

Advertisement