Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finance, Accounting & Office Admin volunteer

Options
  • 28-05-2019 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I recently concluded normal classroom learning for an MBA program in Finance at the Dublin Business School and will be proceeding to the dissertation stage any moment from now.

In my quest to gain Irish work experience as a foreign student, I am open to volunteer job openings in Finance, accounting,office admin jobs or any other job openings suitable.

I am available to commence immediately and will be very much willing to relocate to anywhere in Ireland in my desire to gain Irish work experience.

I have a bachelors degree in Economics, Certified Chartered manager certificate, and MBA Finance (In view). I am passionate, resourceful, self-motivated, great team-player and show unalloyed commitment to designated duties.

I look forward to getting positive response and wish to humbly reiterate that I am open to any volunteering job in related discipline as my desire is to get Irish work experience.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Oscar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Few if any Irish charities will be willing to give a foreigner access to their financials. The only possible exception is one which is focused on providing services to foreigners, and most of them won't have a large enough cashflow to have an interesting amount of accounting work.

I've had a friend who was in a similar situation to you. To his face, lots of Irish people suggested charities for him to try. Behind his back, they were all certain that the charity would n't let an outsider in to see the books - and this was consistent with what he experienced: Charities were happy to have him as a volunteer doing fundraising by holding a bucket in the street, but no way would they let him even count the contents of the bucket, far less enter the amount into their accounts.

You will be far more likely to get Irish work experience by doing an internship with a small business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ugbohoscar

Few if any Irish charities will be willing to give a foreigner access to their financials. The only possible exception is one which is focused on providing services to foreigners, and most of them won't have a large enough cashflow to have an interesting amount of accounting work.

I've had a friend who was in a similar situation to you. To his face, lots of Irish people suggested charities for him to try. Behind his back, they were all certain that the charity would n't let an outsider in to see the books - and this was consistent with what he experienced: Charities were happy to have him as a volunteer doing fundraising by holding a bucket in the street, but no way would they let him even count the contents of the bucket, far less enter the amount into their accounts.

You will be far more likely to get Irish work experience by doing an internship with a small business.

Thanks. I really do appreciate your response.

Advertisement