Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalities regarding commercial activities in public parks

Options
  • 27-05-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone refer to me to the legalisities about commercial activities in public parks.

An example is concerts being played in St. Anne's park, Malahide Park and The Phoenix Park.

Another is fairs and markets that take place in parks and areas such as this.

My memory says that commercial activities that involve money being made arent allowed but maybe I'm wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

sexmag wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone refer to me to the legalisities about commercial activities in public parks.

An example is concerts being played in St. Anne's park, Malahide Park and The Phoenix Park.

Another is fairs and markets that take place in parks and areas such as this.

My memory says that commercial activities that involve money being made arent allowed but maybe I'm wrong

I'd imagine they are not allowed without permission, and without paying something to the park in question

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Of course they are allowed make money, most major concerts in such parks are not free. They just need permission to do so.

Local Authority Bye-Laws (generally known as Parks and Open Spaces Bye-Laws) which are issued under either S37 of the Local Government Act 1994 or S19 of the Local Government Act 2001 (or provisions under S4 or S10 of the Phoenix Park Act 1925 in relation to the Phoenix Park) govern such activities and all they entail such as application for licences, prohibitions on trading without permission etc.

Advertisement