Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm about to turn 30

Options
  • 26-05-2019 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I'm so mentality slow it's not even funny. I have an education but I'm the biggest example of how having an education means nothing. I can read until the cows come home but I'll always come across as dumb. I'm not able to think fast or even moderately on my feet at all.

Women have zero interest in me. Or if they do like me they quickly realise I'm a meek imbecile and lose attraction. I'm such a people pleaser it's not even funny. Some body remarked that "it doesn't matter what you say, hell just smile and laugh and agree" I'm 20 ****ing nine. My poor heart is breaking. I'm tormented.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Did you ever go for therapy? As you've been repeatedly advised to do. I find it hard to believe that you really are as dull and uninteresting as you say you are. Your biggest enemy to your future happiness is you and your terrible self-esteem. You can start threads on boards until the cows come home but nobody here can give you the help you need. It's sitting down in front of an actual therapist that you need, not advice from randomers on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

if you want things to change you need to be proactive.
    have you spoken to your gp? wouls you consider going to therapy?
    only you can change you. i realise it sounds silly but thats the way it is.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Did you ever go for therapy? As you've been repeatedly advised to do. I find it hard to believe that you really are as dull and uninteresting as you say you are. Your biggest enemy to your future happiness is you and your terrible self-esteem. You can start threads on boards until the cows come home but nobody here can give you the help you need. It's sitting down in front of an actual therapist that you need, not advice from randomers on the internet.

This. Dude this formula you’re doing is just going to keep being a cycle that repeats itself and will go on forever until you make the decision to help yourself. You’ve got the right advice a million times now. If you want things to change, listen to it. You’re not just going to wake up one day and the world will have changed to suit your circumstances completely, it just won’t happen. This is life, we all have our issues, but we all have to do stuff to work through them and be happy. It’s tough, it’s an absolute pain in the arse sometimes tbh, but it’s also the best feeling ever coming out the other side.

Look up counselling and make the call today. Write the cost off as investing in your happiness and doing something to make sure the one life you’re guaranteed isn’t spent being miserable. Or you’ll just end up back here next month writing out the same issue yet again.

Advertisement