Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purpose of Psychometric test after being invited for a Final Round Interview?

Options
  • 26-05-2019 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

For this particular job I already had a Technical Interview and HR interview with these employers.

I was invited for a Final Round Interview in which I received good feedback saying I was very well prepared and was told to keep up the high standard.

Moments later I received another email to do a psychometric test including personality, verbal and numerical reasoning.

I thought these tests were usually carried out to reduce the candidate pool early in the selection process, i.e. prior to the company carrying out any interviews.

What is the meaning of this? Don't final round interviews generally have 2-5 shortlisted candidates?

Is there anything to be concerned about if I don't do well in these tests?

What if they like me as a person and impress them in the interview?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

https://www.psychometricinstitute.com.au/psychometric-guide/introduction_to_psychometric_tests.html

If they are asking you to do it, it’s fair to assume your answers will be analysed and considered before the job is offered. By reducing the pool first, there are less tests and cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

It's a HR thing to justify their job, so I wouldn't be concerned at all about "passing".

Personally I would see this as a red flag that the company is going to be an annoying place to work. (Overzealous HR, etc.)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

If the pool has been narrowed to 2-5 candidates already, it’s safe to assume they all passed the technical and verbal areas too. So you could have 5 candidates who are equally qualified and capable for the job.

The most important thing for a company now is to find out who is the best fit for the culture and company values and this is a really hard thing to conduct and derive from interviews without letting unconscious bias get on the way.

By asking candidates to conduct (what I assume will be) a blind psychometric test to determine what your values are, they allow themselves to truly determine who is the best person for the role. This is particularly important if you are being hired by a panel of people as opposed to just one person.

These tests also cover companies from being sued for discrimination.

Advertisement