Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview score system

Options
  • 26-05-2019 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have been asked to sit in on an internal interview on some staff members going for a senior position. I have been asked as I don’t work with them and so I can have no favourites.

I haven’t done so before... so am looking for some scoring system that I can apply to any comments I make to the senior interviewer.

Anybody got any guidelines I should apply so as to be fair at the end of the interviews as to why A is better then B and C candidates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Your HR department should be providing you with the interview criteria and scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Del2005 wrote: »
    Your HR department should be providing you with the interview criteria and scoring.

Thanks... but small company with no real HR. MD usually hires and fires....and he throwing this out to Senior Managers to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you have an HR department that does more tha just payroll then you can ask them for suggestions.

If not, then ask your manager what is the preferred approach in your company. Not everyone uses scoring in the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Yes I would very much take the "what do you want me to do" approach.

Advertisement