Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van conversion

Options
  • 26-05-2019 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Why is revenue so confusing.. I can't get a straight answer out of anyone. I have a Vito long wheel base that I'm in the middle of converting. I definitely don't have 1.8m internal head height.. as I'm not going pop top. At least not right away.. I was told that it doesn't matter that I can still register it as a camper but now in not so sure. Has anyone here tried?.. I'm assuming it's the same for all Vito, T4s, T5s etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Hooked

Height rule not an issue re: revenue

Insurance is! My newly converted T5 (low roof) is insured via the motor caravan club of Ireland. Membership 80 quid p.a.

Get yourself over to Facebook:
    SELF BUILD CAMPERVANS IRELAND

a knowledgeable bunch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theshaggyone

I just converted a LWB low roof nissan primastar. The height isnt an issue for the revenue at all. Where it can be an issue is with the insurers. Im waiting for Dolmen to confirm if they can insure it. They were also looking for a gap between the front seats which I also dont have. so fingers crossed for when they get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just converted a LWB low roof nissan primastar. The height isnt an issue for the revenue at all. Where it can be an issue is with the insurers. Im waiting for Dolmen to confirm if they can insure it. They were also looking for a gap between the front seats which I also dont have. so fingers crossed for when they get back to me.

Try motor caravan club.

I have been told by a few people that to get insured with them you have to get their SQI to inspect your van. Any idea if that is true??

When we did our last conversion they did the inspection for revenue and for mcc. Not certain if it’s a requirement for the insurance but I can totally see why they’d do it.

• Advertisement

getting the van to them is the issue. I have sent them an email to see what the story is. Its a right pain in the a$$ this insurance stuff. I never thought it would be so difficult when i started to project.

Their SQI is mobile

Advertisement