Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Automobilista 2

Options
  • 26-05-2019 11:37am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A rather surprise move from Reiza moving over to the madness [SMS developed engine] but if anyone can work their magic on this engine it is Reiza.
    While it is an impressive graphics engine i have my concerns about its physics and FFB abilities but as always i personally have great faith in reiza, they are the best in the business for physics and FFB, they must be convinced they can do the business with this engine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

I'm very curious to see how this goes. Was surprised they didn't go with the rf2 engine. Never played project cars but have seen many mixed reviews. Reiza worked wonders with automobilista so I have faith in them. I still have the original Game Stock car, how far they've come from that is really amazing!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Since release was due for 31/3/20 and its unfinished they have early access for just €26.99 on steam.
    They expect early access to be 4-8 weeks so its a good time to hop in now.

Ill grab it myself even though im injured and cant use a wheel plus i dont have a a wheel since my T300 broke.
    Id always planned to get a new wheel when AMS2 arrived but thats on hold for a while yet.

Anyone hop in yet?

Havn't tried it yet. Saw Jimmy Broadbents video on the 80's f1 car, he seemed pretty disappointed with the physics, project cars 2.5 pretty much. Not tried either of the project cars titles myself though tbh. I will probably pick it up, it's a very good price to be fair.

Ive got quite a bit of feedback from guys i race with on and off, positives all round to be fair.
    Its work in progress but ive faith in reiza like no other sim dev team, this is great already but will get so much better once release date arrives.
    I bought it but waiting to buy a new wheel when retail is up and running again.
    I tried it with a controller, never again.

This guy knows what hes talking about

Yeah I watched that video from empty box last night. He's really is excellent with these kinds of reviews. Thought the game looked fantastic in that video. I really need to get a VR head set. I definitely going to pick the game up this week at some point.

• Advertisement

So i managed to nab a nearly new G29 and have got stuck into this the last few days.
    Still in early access for another week before price goes up so buy now people.
    Already a top class sim with some of the most fun cars available in simracing, its nice to get a break from GT3 which i enjoy with ACC in particular.
    FFB and physics are in an excellent place already, this is gonna be huge in the sim community.

Few screenshots from this mornings racing.

GtOTgBd.jpg

7QVcMOo.jpg

c09u1GE.jpg

0flRkJn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭BIGT4464

AMS2 is fantastic so far. The cars handle great , FFB is good, even on my G29, and car sounds are great.

I was doing Timetrials last weekend, great to have a leaderboard to compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

AMS2 or ACC as my next upgrade?

ctlsleh wrote: »
    AMS2 or ACC as my next upgrade?

ACC

Its a finished product with DLC already released, its very well polished but will continue to be supported for many years from a passionate dev team.
    Superb physics, FFB is very good but not what id call superb.
    It has a built in safety rating system for online racing.
    It looks absolutely glorious.
    GT3 racing has never been so good, it really is the supreme GT3 racing sim without doubt.

AMS 2

If you enjoy pure simracing this is for you, it has a great car selection from vintage Formula cars to modern F1 cars and everything in between including trainer and academy class formula cars.
    On the tin top side it has everything from the Fiat Uno to what in my opinion is the best V8 supercar in simracing.
    Another highlight is the Ultima GTR.
    Also included is kart racing, everything from beginner to superkart.

When it comes to tracks there is a hige amount, mostly Brazilian tracks but they are all excellent and a welcome change from your typical tracks.
    Plenty of EU and UK ones in there however, Oultan Park, Snetterton, Brands Hatch etc.
    It also has historic and kart layouts for quite a few tracks, overall i think it has over 70 layouts.

Physics and FFB are top class already but the sim is seeing weekly updates as it approaches full release.
    Also like ACC it is a stunning looking game.
    Like ACC this will see years of support and love from a passionate dev team.
    If your into VR apparently AMS 2 has the best VR out there.

Lately ive been playing both a huge amount of both , when i hop from one to the other AMS 2 just feels more alive to me but that could be the TC and ABS that we get with GT3 cars in ACC.
    Another thing i really notice with AMS2 is i can literally feel the tyres flex under load, its just a joy to drive.

I would buy both, if you love GT3 racing and want to get immersed in a full championship or a race weekend with all the bells and whistles you wont be disappointed in ACC, it is an incredible sim.

AMS2 is the purists sim in my opinion, going from ACC to AMS2 is a shock to the system as the TC and ABS in ACC really do help and very few cars in AMS2 have such luxuries.

If you are into simracing you really need to have both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Dcully wrote: »
    ACC

Its a finished product with DLC already released, its very well polished but will continue to be supported for many years from a passionate dev team.
    Superb physics, FFB is very good but not what id call superb.
    It has a built in safety rating system for online racing.
    It looks absolutely glorious.
    GT3 racing has never been so good, it really is the supreme GT3 racing sim without doubt.

AMS 2

If you enjoy pure simracing this is for you, it has a great car selection from vintage Formula cars to modern F1 cars and everything in between including trainer and academy class formula cars.
    On the tin top side it has everything from the Fiat Uno to what in my opinion is the best V8 supercar in simracing.
    Another highlight is the Ultima GTR.
    Also included is kart racing, everything from beginner to superkart.

When it comes to tracks there is a hige amount, mostly Brazilian tracks but they are all excellent and a welcome change from your typical tracks.
    Plenty of EU and UK ones in there however, Oultan Park, Snetterton, Brands Hatch etc.
    It also has historic and kart layouts for quite a few tracks, overall i think it has over 70 layouts.

Physics and FFB are top class already but the sim is seeing weekly updates as it approaches full release.
    Also like ACC it is a stunning looking game.
    Like ACC this will see years of support and love from a passionate dev team.
    If your into VR apparently AMS 2 has the best VR out there.

Lately ive been playing both a huge amount of both , when i hop from one to the other AMS 2 just feels more alive to me but that could be the TC and ABS that we get with GT3 cars in ACC.
    Another thing i really notice with AMS2 is i can literally feel the tyres flex under load, its just a joy to drive.

I would buy both, if you love GT3 racing and want to get immersed in a full championship or a race weekend with all the bells and whistles you wont be disappointed in ACC, it is an incredible sim.

AMS2 is the purists sim in my opinion, going from ACC to AMS2 is a shock to the system as the TC and ABS in ACC really do help and very few cars in AMS2 have such luxuries.

If you are into simracing you really need to have both :)

What an excellent review, appreciate the insights.....thanks a lot, very helpful

I’m coming up from AC and wouldn’t mind updating to something new, you’ve convinced me there’s only one option, buy both.....:)

Your welcome, i forgot to mention the prototype cars in AMS2.
    Look out for the Rocco P3, race it around Donnington or Oulton Park for a great demo of AMS2.

Cant get enough of this game, nice battle with AI earlier.

Advertisement