Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullied at work by senior Hospitality Manager

Options
  • 18-05-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi,I have been working in a company for hospitality for around 3 and half years now ,contract by a bigger company to work on their site as a manager there with a onsite catering staff for 6 . But i have to report to my senior manager every week. My manager is never happy with anything i say to her , first she told you to do some stuff and then later she denies everything and reverse it on my as if it was my fault and as if i said . everytime she says she knows me very well as if she is my Mummy. we know ourself working on that site everyday we are constantly doing cleaning and we prepare all our stuff freshly in the morning ,where all the other staff who works there can see what we are constantly doing . And my manager says we don't do anything and we don't have anything to do there which sucks because my staff are really working very hard to keep that place very clean and tidy for everyone there. we don't even get appreciated for anything from my own senior manager at all . I was very sick and she forced me to come to work and the next day i had to go for surgery . when i told the owner about the whole situation how my senior manager is behaving ,surely she did speak to her i was told to email the owner about the situation . after coming back from my surgery of 1 month recovery ,my senior manager actually started to give out at me of emailing the owner and telling her about the situation of not getting any raise after being told and now the whole situation. i was told that i was being disrespect to do so. now iv'e been given lots of extra job to do for which i don't get pay at all and after asking about a raise ,my question was ignored completely . everytime i meet with my senior manager ,she kept on saying that the site there people were really happy when you were not there,which is a lie clearly because i have been working on that site for 3 years and everyone really appreciate and like all my staff and our work. when i was on sick leave my staff were crying every day as we never get any help from my manager if someone is sick or something . she kept on saying that i am too loyal to the client and i need to stop being so nice. Sorry but that's my nature ,i can't pretend like my senior manager being an asshole. we never get any complaint from the client at all and he is very happy with everything but my senior manager is never happy . i don't understand that because i feel she has some personal issue with me and now she is taking that out on my staff by taking away there hours which is so not fair. She doesn't have any respect for us at all and i feel i am being bullied all the time. she is nice with me only when she really needs something .Please advice someone ? thank you .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Nobelium

Diyamadzia wrote: »
    hi,I have been working in a company for hospitality for around 3 and half years now ,contract by a bigger company to work on their site as a manager there with a onsite catering staff for 6 . But i have to report to my senior manager every week. My manager is never happy with anything i say to her , first she told you to do some stuff and then later she denies everything and reverse it on my as if it was my fault and as if i said . everytime she says she knows me very well as if she is my Mummy. we know ourself working on that site everyday we are constantly doing cleaning and we prepare all our stuff freshly in the morning ,where all the other staff who works there can see what we are constantly doing . And my manager says we don't do anything and we don't have anything to do there which sucks because my staff are really working very hard to keep that place very clean and tidy for everyone there. we don't even get appreciated for anything from my own senior manager at all . I was very sick and she forced me to come to work and the next day i had to go for surgery . when i told the owner about the whole situation how my senior manager is behaving ,surely she did speak to her i was told to email the owner about the situation . after coming back from my surgery of 1 month recovery ,my senior manager actually started to give out at me of emailing the owner and telling her about the situation of not getting any raise after being told and now the whole situation. i was told that i was being disrespect to do so. now iv'e been given lots of extra job to do for which i don't get pay at all and after asking about a raise ,my question was ignored completely . everytime i meet with my senior manager ,she kept on saying that the site there people were really happy when you were not there,which is a lie clearly because i have been working on that site for 3 years and everyone really appreciate and like all my staff and our work. when i was on sick leave my staff were crying every day as we never get any help from my manager if someone is sick or something . she kept on saying that i am too loyal to the client and i need to stop being so nice. Sorry but that's my nature ,i can't pretend like my senior manager being an asshole. we never get any complaint from the client at all and he is very happy with everything but my senior manager is never happy . i don't understand that because i feel she has some personal issue with me and now she is taking that out on my staff by taking away there hours which is so not fair. She doesn't have any respect for us at all and i feel i am being bullied all the time. she is nice with me only when she really needs something .Please advice someone ? thank you .

I'm afraid your situation is a lot more common than you think, and I'm sorry to say, that in reality, no one in any workplace will help you when you find yourself in that situation, and there is nothing you can do that will prevent that person behaving the way they do. Regrettably the world isn't fair or just, and the only real solution is to move to another job even if it's paid less. No job or money is worth putting up with the situation.

Advertisement