Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting down Astro turf over cobbles

Options
  • 25-05-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of advise. We moved into a new house about 2 months ago. The whole back garden is cobbles and looks well however I was thinking of putting a small amount of AstroTurf down between 2 sheds to bring a bit of color into the garden along with potted plants. I have a couple of questions that someone might be able to answer for me

1) can this simply be put down on top of the cobbles as I don’t want to take up the cobbles.
    2) does it need to be glued down or will putting heavy pots on top suffice
    3) if it needs to be glued can this be removed from the cobbles by power washing or something like that if we decide to take it up.

The area is 4.2 meters x 3.6 meters. I’ve attached a picture for reference.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

No pic attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,714 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No you shouldn't put it down on cobbles. It will be crap to walk on and will come up.

You would have to lay down a reasonable layer of sand first and level it. You can then lay down the astro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    No pic attached.

Won’t allow me to attach a pic for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

listermint wrote: »
    No you shouldn't put it down on cobbles. It will be crap to walk on and will come up.

You would have to lay down a reasonable layer of sand first and level it. You can then lay down the astro.

It’s more for the look than to be walked on to be honest, I had read that there is a tape that can be used to hold it down. I’m not terribly knowledgeable on this but why would it be more likely to come up when later over cobbles?

Advertisement