Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard wearing Grass seed

Options
  • 24-05-2019 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi I’m just wondering is there a particular hard wearing grass seed I could put down for dogs. One in particular likes to eat it too !! I’m going to have to get it all leveled off probably next year and do some drainage but in the mean time be nice to get rid of bald patches. TIA

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Had a grassed area in our back garden and I really struggled to find a decent lawn seed over 3 years that could cope with our medium dog.
    This year I drew a line under the effort and put down artificial lawn and would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cosbawn

banie01 wrote: »
    Had a grassed area in our back garden and I really struggled to find a decent lawn seed over 3 years that could cope with our medium dog.
    This year I drew a line under the effort and put down artificial lawn and would never go back.

Thanks. I noticed my dogs peeing in one particular area over the winter and I thought the grass was dead !! So I feel your pain. But tbh I’ve so much else to do that the ‘lawn’ is way down the list. I had drainage works done around the house last year and there was so much traffic on the ‘lawn’ that it’s totally messed up with track marks. Next year I’ll get it leveled properly along with the back field which is a total disaster area altogether !!

Advertisement