Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Module Credits

• 24-05-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭ Hedgecutter

Hi

I am currently doing a masters through DCU connected.

Five modules, four have 15 credits and the thesis has 30 credits.

I know its obvious that the value of the thesis is huge. Is there any way of working out what id need to get if i want to keep my average over 70 %

Currently at 68% with two module (15 credits) completed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ danm14

Hi

I am currently doing a masters through DCU connected.

Five modules, four have 15 credits and the thesis has 30 credits.

I know its obvious that the value of the thesis is huge. Is there any way of working out what id need to get if i want to keep my average over 70 %

Currently at 68% with two module (15 credits) completed.

Multiply your current average (68) by the number of credits you've achieved (30).

68*30=2040

Multiply your desired grade (70) by the total number of credits for the course (90).

70*90=6300

Take the first number away from the second number.

6300-2040=4260

Divide this by the number of credits you haven't yet achieved (60) and you'll get the required average for the remaining modules (71).

4260/60=71

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭ olestoepoke

Hi guys quick question. Are exam resits capped at 40%? Getting a lot of conflicting information on this at the moment. Thanks guys.

Advertisement