Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Souce Massive Multiplayer Strategy

Options
  • 24-05-2019 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

I am looking for ideas (and ideally some initial source) for a simple game that scales well to about 100 participants. Participants would implement an AI player for this game who would act on their behalf in an adversarial setting on a given level that is randomly generated or given. The game should produce a ranking where AI players with their implementation would compete with one another and survive (or not) or collect points.

I was thinking of battleship or some resource strategy game similar to Warcraft, but would ideally what some starting position in the form of open source.

I know this is a wide and very open request, but maybe you have something in mind and even a link to a cool open source project that could be turned into something like this? Java or C#...

Much appreciated.

Advertisement