Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a dog bed

Options
  • 23-05-2019 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for a leather dog bed with memory foam mattress. I've searched online without much luck.
    Does anyone here have one for their dog and would you care to share where you bought it and how you find it. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi I'm looking for a leather dog bed with memory foam mattress. I've searched online without much luck.
    Does anyone here have one for their dog and would you care to share where you bought it and how you find it. Thanks in advance

Does it have to be leather?

I’ve had this one for years and find it great

https://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/square/ortho_memory/206850

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

cocker5 wrote:
    Does it have to be leather?

Thanks for your reply. Probably doesn't have to be but the one she has now is material and it's a pain getting hair off it. I'm thinking leather could be wiped and more hygienic.

Pet fusion ones are great waterproof so you can wipe down etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PetFusion-Memory-Medium-Large-Slate/dp/B00TQ47CPW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

cocker5 wrote:

Some of the reviews said the sides don't hold up. Have you found this with yours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I have this one from zooplus.co.uk. It's pricey but it's brilliant. The smaller one used to be on the Irish site but not any more so there's no option but to pay the postage from the UK site. I have an arthritic almost 12yr old dog who also is on propalin for old lady incontinence and it covers all bases, it's thick memory foam for her arthritis and easily cleaned for little leaks and accidents. And there's no smell either.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/orthopaedic_dog_beds/369189

• Advertisement

Some of the reviews said the sides don't hold up. Have you found this with yours ?

I have a couple of those too, and the main problems I find with them are when my dogs are wet from walks or being hosed down and sit on them then they hold water in them and puddle underneath. (so you think that they might be weeing through it)

Another problem is the velcro top doesn't stay in place all that well. Then again it might not be annoying to others.

cocker5 wrote:

I have a cocker so 18kg etc and have had3 if these beds now for nearly 5 years with no issues.

What I have found is after each wash I flip the foam for the back and sides the opposite direction so keep it’s a sold structure I hope that makes sense?

I have a couple of those too, and the main problems I find with them are when my dogs are wet from walks or being hosed down and sit on them then they hold water in them and puddle underneath. (so you think that they might be weeing through it)

Another problem is the velcro top doesn't stay in place all that well. Then again it might not be annoying to others.

Ahh ok I don’t use the upper sheet held on my velcro - I use so vet bed / fleece blankets on top

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have this one from zooplus.co.uk. It's pricey but it's brilliant. The smaller one used to be on the Irish site but not any more so there's no option but to pay the postage from the UK site. I have an arthritic almost 12yr old dog who also is on propalin for old lady incontinence and it covers all bases, it's thick memory foam for her arthritis and easily cleaned for little leaks and accidents. And there's no smell either.

https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/orthopaedic_dog_beds/369189

+1 we have the same one and the dogs love it - there’s always one of them on it. If I had the space I’d get another one. It’s kept its shape very well too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

What size do you have @borderline / @tk123 ?

I'd imagine I'd need the same size as you guys, and the large one looks to be the same size as my crate which is far too big. Tell me that the small one would do!

I so don't need another bed - I have 8 places for them to sleep and only 2 dogs...

• Advertisement

Choc Chip wrote: »
    What size do you have @borderline / @tk123 ?

I'd imagine I'd need the same size as you guys, and the large one looks to be the same size as my crate which is far too big. Tell me that the small one would do!

I so don't need another bed - I have 8 places for them to sleep and only 2 dogs...

I've the big one, it is fairly big and bulky, and wouldn't be pliable enough to fit into a crate unless it's a giant xxl size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I've the big one, it is fairly big and bulky, and wouldn't be pliable enough to fit into a crate unless it's a giant xxl size.

ah no, i'm not looking to fit it in the crate, i'm just wondering if i can get away with the smaller size...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We have the big one which we thought was huuuuughe when we got it but it's perfect for them - they can stretch right out.

481049.png

:pac:
    481050.png

Advertisement