Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found a new roasters

Options
  • 23-05-2019 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

I was passing through birdhill and came across the old barracks roastery.

They do their own roasting and more importantly you can order online.

No sub offering but we're open to the suggestion.

I bought a 500g bag of Indonesian beans for €29 and they also gave me some 30g samples.

I'll report back on the coffee later in the week.

Very helpful and willing to share their experiences which was good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

They have a really cool bar setup. Gravimetric Modbar, looks the part and works really nicely. It's really a must to visit for anyone traveling through the area with an interest in coffee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

this place is just out the road from me, 10mins from my house.

any update on how you got on with the indonesian? 29 for 500g seems steep, more in line with 1kg pricing elsewhere. if i look at the website, retail coffee seems to all be ground, wholesale seems to be the only option for wholebean, but the indonesian comes in at 29 for 1kg then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mossym wrote: »
    this place is just out the road from me, 10mins from my house.

any update on how you got on with the indonesian? 29 for 500g seems steep, more in line with 1kg pricing elsewhere. if i look at the website, retail coffee seems to all be ground, wholesale seems to be the only option for wholebean, but the indonesian comes in at 29 for 1kg then.

Edit. Checked website, 500g for 29E.

Nice coffee. Loved the smokey flavour from it.

INDONESIA, BURNI TELONG

I bought beans in the shop. Odd it's only ground online.

Edit. Checked website, 500g for 29E.

Nice coffee. Loved the smokey flavour from it.

INDONESIA, BURNI TELONG

I bought beans in the shop. Odd it's only ground online.

aye, thats why i was asking, wasn't seeing beans for retail anywhere.

might call in there at the weekend and see what they have, but that's steep for 500g. also surprised they charge the same for ground and whole bean.was hoping given how close i am could be my regular stock but not at that price, if it's nice could use it as a treat once in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Everywhere I have come across charges th same for ground and whole beans tbh.

€29 for 500g is pricey though

• Advertisement

I'm spoiled at badger and dodo so, they are cheapest for green beans, more expensive for roast, more expensive again for ground. for example on one of the offerings (this is for 1kg)

green 18.82
    whole bean roasted 23.52
    ground 24.70

not the only ones that are like that either. but that's not a big deal, the differences are small

2x the price for is a bigger difference though, will give it a go, no problem with the pricing if it is 2x as nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

mossym wrote: »
    I'm spoiled at badger and dodo so, they are cheapest for green beans,
    Noted.

Advertisement