Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion on becoming a Salesforce developer.

Options
  • 23-05-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

So im getting a bit bored with my current role/stack. (.NET desktop development, API creation and integrations).

Im earning decent money but it seems to the next big bump in salary you really need to be **** hot. Im not sure im willing to put in the work on my current stack to move up to that level so i did a bit of looking around to see what else i could do.

Salesforce development/consultation caught my eye. The salaries seem to be very good for what on initial glance doesnt seem to be very difficult work.

Has anyone here worked as a Salesforce developer?
    Is it interesting and challenging?
    How did you find the day to day of the job?
    Whats the learning curve like?
    How did you break into the career after learning to develop in Salesforce? Most roles require experience but not too much. Seems like 1-2 years already warrents a high salary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Never worked as a salesforce developer but I remember talking with a recruiter about the various options he had on his books.

Salesforce was paying more, but I think it was a proprietary language/framework.
    So you are kind of going down a technology cul-de-sac.
    Harder to keep your skills transferable if you're not using standard technologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Talisman

Apex is Java/C# for the Salesforce platform - short term you'll get a pay bump but long term you might regret the move. Salesforce has a history of using niche frameworks which might hamper the transition back out of the Salesforce realm at a future date.

Advertisement