Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regulation Clarification Freshwaters

Options
  • 22-05-2019 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi folks, I'm a little confused about regulations regarding fishing methods allowed on certain waters. I understand fly only waters but was wondering about spinning tackle regulations. As far as I can see it's single barbless hooks only in fresh water, is that correct? Is it necessary to clip off 2 of the hooks and flatten the barb on a mepps lure with a treble hook for example?

From fishinginireland dot info regarding the dodder:

"Methods: All legitimate methods are allowed including fly fishing, worm fishing and spinning."

I thought fishing with live worms was not allowed?

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Most of the time it's club rules that apply to any particular fishery. Some allow trebles some don't. If is allowed to fish a worm then it's perfectly legal to use live worms

Advertisement