Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopcock

Options
  • 21-05-2019 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

When water meters were being installed on my road, the work team couldn't find the stopcock for this house. Now the County Council is laying new footpaths and I expected that they might uncover the stopcock if it had previously been covered by pavement repairs. But no, still no sign of it.
    Is it possible that there is none?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi MHP,

Thank you for getting in touch.
    MHP wrote: »
    When water meters were being installed on my road, the work team couldn't find the stopcock for this house. Now the County Council is laying new footpaths and I expected that they might uncover the stopcock if it had previously been covered by pavement repairs. But no, still no sign of it.
    Is it possible that there is none?
    There is a possibility that the stopcock could be located on the private side pipework and this would be the reason why it has not been exposed by works on the road and footpath.

Can PM the following details and I can forward this matter to our local Water Department in your area?

- Name;
    - Contact number; and
    - Full address, including the county.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thank you Daniel.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi MHP,

You are very welcome and I shall pass along your thanks to Daniel.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

Advertisement