Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Future Proofing Skills

Options
  • 20-05-2019 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking to up-skill and broadly curious on what subjects/areas may be important in years to come?

Not looking just directly at my path, but overall which areas/niches may be good to get into for the next 5/10/15 years?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking to up-skill and broadly curious on what subjects/areas may be important in years to come?

Not looking just directly at my path, but overall which areas/niches may be good to get into for the next 5/10/15 years?

Thanks!

If you are in IT and work in IT Infrastructure then Public Cloud is where you need to be moving towards and more specifically AWS and Azure. Huge amount of work in this space if you know what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

php and mysql

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Data analytics.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,846 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Home-based caregiving for older people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Any others :)

• Advertisement

Any others :)

what is your main area of expertise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Marketing/IT etc to be very broad about it.

Not just looking for similar ones that may be important, curious to see what others are upskilling in

Marketing/IT etc to be very broad about it.

Not just looking for similar ones that may be important, curious to see what others are upskilling in

digital marketing is a hot area.

Advertisement