Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription Running Sunglasses

Options
  • 19-05-2019 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a pair of sports sunglasses that don't slip in race conditions with prescription lenses? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I don't but was told by the optician before in the IFSC that they could fit lenses to a pair of sunglasses I had. Maybe ring them and check if possible if you buy sport sunglasses they can do this.

Contact lenses not an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Has anyone bought a pair of sports sunglasses that don't slip in race conditions with prescription lenses? Any recommendations?

There can be difficulties putting prescription lenses into wrapped sunglasses. I got a pair of Bole Pythons from my local opticians. I picked a few pairs from the website, the shop contacted Bole, who recommended Pythons for prescription.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

If you’ve anything other than a fairly minor prescription, then most sports sunglasses (other than flat base 4)are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I went for the "out of the box" solution myself. Bought Tifosi Tyrant shades that have a bifocal reader area, perfect for checking the watch.
    Only downside is the prescriptions are very basic 0.5 increments, but they're decent, sturdy shades. Cost about €50.

Advertisement