Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult leaving cert

Options
  • 19-05-2019 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi , wondering if anyone knows when one can study for full leaving cert in West limerick or Kerry side , one college in Kerry is 6,000 which is out of my price range , would love to achieve it in one year

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Contact the Adult Ed. director of both ETBs. If they don't have somewhere, they should know the options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Would you consider skipping the leaving at this stage and doing a cert/diploma or degree programme? Are you completing the leaving now as you didn't have the opportunity previously or is it to progress your career? If it's the latter, do a college course. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Healing vibes

I left school after 3rd year after a family tragedy, I feel like I’m looked at differently without leaving cert , I’d love to get into teaching so I’d say lc is the only way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

I left school after 3rd year after a family tragedy, I feel like I’m looked at differently without leaving cert , I’d love to get into teaching so I’d say lc is the only way

Sorry to hear that. Unless you're going for primary, don't bother with the leaving, go for a degree programme. Pick your subjects carefully - languages/home economics/maths.

There may be a way around the Irish for primary.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Healing vibes

Sorry to hear that. Unless you're going for primary, don't bother with the leaving, go for a degree programme. Pick your subjects carefully - languages/home economics/maths.

There may be a way around the Irish for primary.

Best of luck!
    Thank you so much!

• Advertisement
Advertisement